Tottenham 3 Fulham 1: Sherwood responds to Sandro tweet
Tottenham 3 Fulham 1: Tim Sherwood tells Sandro that he is "not good enough" to be starting for Spurs
Tim Sherwood has told Sandro that the midfielder is “not good enough” to be included in Tottenham’s starting line-up after Saturday’s win over Fulham.
The 25-year-old has not featured for Spurs in the Premier League since being substituted in the second half of the 1-0 defeat by Arsenal at White Hart Lane last month and has been limited to a total of just nine top-flight starts this term.
I like Sandro as a player but he has to work hard to be back in the side
Sandro took to Twitter on Saturday morning to inform fans that he was not injured after being left out of the squad to face the Cottagers.
And speaking after the victory at White Hart Lane, Sherwood said: “What he’s stating is correct, he’s not selected at the moment.
“I don’t think he’s good enough to be in the side at the minute, when he shows me he’s up to the level of the other players he’ll be back in the squad.
“I like Sandro as a player but he has to work hard to be back in the side.”
The midfielder had earlier posted on Twitter: “Good morning Guys, just to let you know that i’m not injured! Hope that we can win the game today.”
Goals from Paulinho, Harry Kane and Younes Kaboul sealed victory for Spurs to keep Sherwood’s side in the hunt for European qualification.