Blues manager Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his intention to sign a forward in the summer transfer window after the patchy form of Demba Ba, Samuel Eto’o and Fernando Torres this season.
The 51-year-old manager previously worked with the Italy international during his reign at Inter Milan, winning back-to-back Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League.
However, Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola has moved to end rumours surrounding his client’s future at the San Siro outit ahead of the World Cup.
“Galliani told me that Mario is not for sale, and this makes us very happy,” Raiola told Sky Sport Italia.
“From now to August 31, there will be a lot of rumours about his future, but it is not a problem.”
Former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has scored 14 goals and made six assists in 28 Serie A appearances this season.
Last month, Chelsea boss Mourinho attempted to pour cold water on speculation linking him with a bid for the controversial 23-year-old forward.
“Mario plays for one of the most important clubs in the world,” Mourinho told Mediaset.
“Clarence Seedorf, however, needs time and other players to combine with Balotelli. Mario’s future will be at Milan.”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news