Chelsea star nets 428% increase in Twitter followers during World Cup
Oscar records the biggest percentage increase in Twitter followers of any Premier League player during World Cup
Oscar has recorded the biggest percentage increase in Twitter followers during the World Cup of any player in the Premier League.
The Chelsea and Brazil playmaker’s follower growth comes ahead of Tottenham’s Paulinho and Manchester City’s Fernandinho.
Oscar is second only to Paul Pogba out of all World Cup players, with the Juventus star seeing a 505 per cent growth.
Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has gained more than half a million followers during the tournament in Brazil. He features just outside the top 10 in 12th place because his percentage increase isn’t as high given his huge pre-existing following.
Raheem Sterling is the only England player to feature on the list, which is dominated by players from Manchester City and Chelsea.
Top 10: Premier League players with greatest % Twitter follower growth
1) Oscar (@Oscar11) – 428%
2) Paulinho (paulinhop8) – 300%
3) Fernandinho (@fernaoficial) – 171%
4) Ramires (@Rami7oficial) – 154%
5) Willian (@willianborges88) – 139%
6) Martin Demichelis (@demichelisok) – 116%
7) Pablo Zabaleta (@pablo_zabaleta) – 45%
8) Andre Schurrle (@Andre_Schuerrle) – 34%
9) Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) – 22%
10) Raheem Sterling (@sterling31) – 21%