1. Arsenal have never played Monaco in European competition before but they have a favourable record against French opposition. They have played 20, won 12 and only lost two times, which was to Auxerre and Lens.
2. This is Arsenal’s 15th consecutive appearance in the last 16 but they have lost at this stage in each of the last four seasons.
3. Arsenal’s last victory in the round of 16 was against Porto in 2009-10 were they won 6-2 over the two legs. Even Emmanuel Eboue got on the score-sheet in a 5-0 win in the second leg.
4. Arsenal’s most recent meeting against French opposition was when they played Olympique de Marseille twice in the group stages of the 2012-13 Champions League.
5. Monaco are eyeing their first Champions League quarter-final since 2003-04.
6. Leonardo Jardim’s side had the best defence in the group stage, conceding just one in six games but when you struggle to score that can be an issue. They have managed just 26 in Ligue 1 and only scored four in the group stages of the Champions League.
7. Monaco have only lost once in five previous visits to England.
8. Mathieu Flamini and Abou Diaby have never faced Monaco in French football but Diaby very rarely ever faces anyone as he is constantly injured!
9. The Gunners were sixth, 13 points off the pace in the Premier League at the end of the group stage. Ten weeks on and little has changed as they are still 12 points behind leaders Chelsea – but at least they are up to third!
10. Lacina Traore – Monaco’s centre-forward – made just one substitute appearance at the Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news