The France under-21 international has earned plenty of praise for an impressive run in the Arsenal first-team this season after being recalled from his loan spell at Charlton Athletic back in December.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger confirmed last month that both Coquelin and Chuba Akpmom had penned new deals with the north London outfit.
And the 23-year-old, whose contract was set to expire in the summer, says he is thrilled to have put pen to paper on a new four-and-a-half year deal with Wenger’s side.
Asked if he had extended his contract at Arsenal, he told Ouest France: “Yes, until 2019.
“When you’re young and you go abroad, you take a risk. Especially when you come to Arsenal. At first I did not want to go. I came for a week in training, coaching I saw guys ready to slug it out.
“But in life you have to take risks. I’ve always had confidence in me. My only regret was not being able to show what I could do. This nearly happened. Then I get the chance.
“If tomorrow I have to go, I would not regret anything.”
Coquelin has made 19 appearances in all competitions so far this season and is expected to feature when Arsenal take on Monaco in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday night.
Arsenal are currently third in the Premier League table heading into the final nine games of the season.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news