1) Papiss Mbouba Mbwiwa Abu Fuongo Baba Mison Djilobodji – Papy to you and I – is a 26-year-old Senegalese centre half, born in Kaolack. Djilobodji started his career with local club ASC Saloum before moving to French club US Sénart-Moissy aged 21.
2) Djilobodji then signed for Ligue 2 side Nantes in 2010, and has since made almost 180 league appearances for the club. In that time, the centre-half has been a regular feature in the starting eleven and has helped Nantes achieve promotion to the top flight.
3) The pacey 6ft 4ins left-footer helped Nantes to the league’s sixth best defensive record last season. The club finished 14th in Ligue 1, but conceded just 40 goals in their 38 matches thanks in part to Djilobodji’s consistent performances at the heart of defence.
4) Following Nantes’ promotion in 2013, Djilobodji has made a total of 59 appearances over two seasons at the top level of French football. This includes 31 last season, during the course of which he was booked 11 times. The centre back averages around 87 minutes per match in Ligue 1, as well as making around three interceptions and nine clearances each game.
5) The Kaolack-born player earned his first call up for Senegal in January of 2013 at the age of 24 and has become a first team regular for the Lions of Teranga, making 13 appearances including two of their ill-fated Africa Cup of Nations finals campaign earlier this year.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news