Liverpool transfers: Brazil star responds to talk of Anfield move
Alexandre Pato says that he hopes to return to play in Europe "soon" amid the transfer link to Liverpool
Alexandre Pato has refused to be drawn on the speculation linking him with a January transfer to Liverpool.
The Reds are thought to be keen on signing the former AC Milan forward and reports in the British media in recent days have suggested that the Anfield outfit are closing in on the signature of the 26-year-old.
Pato sparked fresh reports of a possible January switch to Merseyside by posting a comment on the Instagram page of a Liverpool-based company last week.
However, the attacker remained coy when quizzed about a possible return to Europe as he attended the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Asked about the possibility of returning to play in Europe, Pato told Esporte Interativo: “I do not know, I hope soon.
“I came here to see the race and I hope it is very good. It is a good place to come with family and friends.”
Pato scored 63 times in 150 appearances in all competitions for AC Milan during a six-season stay at San Siro. The Brazilian was part of the Milan side that won Serie A and Supercoppa Italiana in 2011.
The Liverpool target has netted 19 times in 59 games for his current employers Corinthians.