Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp rules out signing Brazilian striker
Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool won't sign Brazil striker Alexandre Pato in the January transfer window
Jurgen Klopp has ruled out the possibility of Liverpool signing Alexandre Pato in the January transfer window.
The Merseyside outfit were reported to be closing in on an £11m deal for the former AC Milan striker last week as Klopp seeks to ease Liverpool’s mounting injury problems.
Pato, who has been previously linked with Tottenham Hotspur over the past 18 months, is currently playing for Brazilian club Corinthians after the striker left AC Milan in 2014.
However, Liverpool manager Klopp revealed that there is no truth in the speculation and the Reds won’t be signing the Brazilian international in the current window.
“My private advice to you is don’t follow the Pato path any longer,” Klopp told assembled media at his press conference on Monday.
Pato has scored 38 goals in 95 appearances for Sao Paulo after he was loaned to the Brazilian club from Corinthians.
The South American won the Serie A title with AC Milan in 2011 as well as the Italian Super Cup.
Liverpool are currently without strikers Danny Ings, Divock Origi and Daniel Sturridge due to injury.