Wimbledon 2016: 22,000 tickets for Middle Sunday go on sale amid rainy Saturday
Tickets for Middle Sunday at Wimbledon 2016 are set to go on sale online on Saturday at 15:00 BST
The decision was confirmed late Friday that, with several second-round matches yet to be completed—one in the men’s singles and three in the women’s—that Wimbledon’s 2016 schedule would have to extend to Middle Sunday.
Rain disrupted play on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday to such an extent that the tournament faced an unparalleled backlog of matches.
Alexander Zverev and Mikhail Youzhny were into a fifth set in their second-round encounter, while on the women’s side, the second-round matches between Sloane Stephens and Mandy Minella, Timea Bacsinszky and Monica Niculescu, and Petra Kvitova and Ekaterina Makarova were all incomplete.
Details about purchasing tickets for ‘People’s Sunday’ were released at 1pm today as rain again disrupted play.
They are only available online, and are expected to sell out very quickly.
Middle Sunday Wimbledon tickets
· 22,000 tickets for sale from 3.00pm online only via Ticketmaster on a first come, first-served basis. Maximum of two tickets per household.
· No on-day ticket sales, so do not travel if you do not have a ticket. There is no Queue to purchase tickets at Wimbledon.
· Centre Court: 10,000 unreserved tickets on sale £70.00 each.
· No1 Court: 8,000 unreserved tickets on sale at £40.00 each.
· Grounds Passes: 4,000 tickets allowing access to Courts 2-19 on sale at £20.00 each.
· Spectators advised to arrive early, expect delays for security. Avoid bringing bags where possible.
· Gates 3, 7 and 12 in operation for the public.
· No refund system if play is cancelled due to rain.
· Tickets for any other day of The Championships are not valid.
· No pass outs permitted.
· No ticket re-sales operation.
· Gates open from 8.45am.
· Play is scheduled to start at 11.30am on all courts (incl Centre and No1).
· Early arrival is strongly advised.
· Spectators strongly urged to use public transport and to use Southfields Underground and Wimbledon mainline station.
· There will be limited public car parking in Car Parks 6 & 10.
· There will be no Park & Ride service.
· Limited bus shuttle available from Wimbledon mainline station.