Antonio Conte sends fresh message to Chelsea supporters about Cesc Fabregas
Antonio Conte says he has been delighted by Cesc Fabregas' contribution at Chelsea this season
Antonio Conte has insisted that he has been pleased with Cesc Fabregas’ contribution at Chelsea this season.
The midfielder, who turned 30 last week, has been in good form for the Blues this season despite his lack of playing time at Stamford Bridge.
Fabregas has been limited to just 10 starts in the Premier League this season but has impressed whenever called upon by Conte.
The midfielder came off the bench to set up Chelsea’s third goal in their 3-0 win over Everton at Goodison Park last weekend.
His lack of playing time at Chelsea this season has prompted talk of a possible transfer away from Stamford Bridge in the summer.
However, Conte insists that he is has been pleased with Fabregas’s displays for the Blues this season.
Speaking at his pre-match news conference at Cobham on Friday afternoon, Conte said: “I think Cesc is playing very well this season, and his level is very high.
“He is showing great commitment, great work rate, and great behaviour all season. Right now I think he is playing very well. He’s a top player. If he starts, or if he comes on during the game, he’s always decisive for us.”
Chelsea are currently preparing for their home clash against Middlesbrough in the Premier League on Monday night as they look to take a step closer towards the title.