Chelsea line up £23m bid for Italy star as fifth signing – report
Chelsea want to sign 30-year-old winger Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan, say reports
Chelsea are lining up a £23m bid to sign winger Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan, according to reports in the British media.
The Sun is reporting that the Blues are set to approach the Serie A club about the possibility of signing the Italy international this summer.
Antonio Conte is believed to be on the lookout for a player who can challenge Victor Moses at right wing-back at Stamford Bridge next season and the story claims that the Blues have now missed out on Real Madrid star Danilo.
The same report says that Chelsea failed to land Candreva in the January transfer window but Conte is “confident” that the Blues can get their man this time around.
However, the story says that Inter are reluctant to sell the 30-year-old Italian this summer, after having bought him from Lazio last year.
That said, the player himself is reported to be keen on moving to Stamford Bridge and would be open to working under Conte again after their time together with the Italian national team.
Chelsea confirmed the signing of striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid on Friday night.