Alvaro Morata asked Chelsea defender and ex-striker about summer transfer
New Chelsea signing Alvaro Morata reveals that he asked Cesar Azpilicueta and Fernando Torres about a move to Stamford Bridge
Alvaro Morata has revealed that he asked Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta and Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres about a move to Stamford Bridge.
The Spain international was confirmed as Chelsea’s fourth summer signing on Wednesday evening following weeks of speculation linking the 24-year-old with a move to Stamford Bridge.
Morata was initially linked with a move to Manchester United before the Red Devils made the decision to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku in a £75m deal ahead of interest from Chelsea.
Antonio Conte switched his attention to Morata after missing out on Lukaku and the former Juventus striker secured a reported £58m move to the Premier League champions.
And Morata has revealed that he spoke to Chelsea defender Azpilicueta and Champions League winner Torres about life at Stamford Bridge ahead of his move to the English capital.
“Yes, I have spoken with Azpilicueta,” Morata told AS.
“And also with Fernando Torres, who has told me he’ll give me a hand with whatever I need.
“I have been training hard for whatever outcome, but I was clear that this was my objective.
“It’s sad to leave Real Madrid, but I hope that everything will go well for me at Chelsea.”
Chelsea have now signed four players in the summer transfer window.
The Blues snapped up Manchester City reserve goalkeeper Willy Caballero, AS Roma defender Antonio Rudiger and AS Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko this summer so far.