Journalist reveals Chelsea still interested in signing experienced Premier League striker
Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth claims Chelsea are still targeting Swansea City striker Fernando Llorente
Chelsea are still interested in signing Swansea City striker Fernando Llorente in the summer transfer window, Dharmesh Sheth has claimed.
The Blues were linked with a move to sign the Spain international in the January transfer window but a deal failed to materialise.
Chelsea kicked on and won the Premier League title with two games to spare thanks in part to the contribution of strikers Diego Costa and Michy Batshuayi.
The west London side have signed Spanish striker Alvaro Morata in a £58m deal from La Liga giants Real Madrid earlier this month after Conte told Costa that he is free to leave.
The Premier League champions are still being linked with a move to sign Swansea striker Llorente in the summer transfer window as the Blues boss looks to sign cover for Morata.
Sky Sports News reporter Sheth has revealed that Chelsea are still hoping to recruit the 32-year-old striker in the summer.
“Chelsea remain interested in Swansea striker Fernando Llorente,” Sheth told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.
“No formal talks have taken place yet as Llorente continues his recovery from the fractured arm that forced him to miss the club’s pre-season tour of the United States.
“Antonio Conte knows Llorente well as he managed the player at Juventus.”
Chelsea have signed goalkeeper Willy Caballero, AS Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko and Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata.