The Sky Sports News reporter has claimed that the Reds are now preparing to make a second bid for the Guinea midfielder after having had an initial offer of around £57m turned down by the German club.
The Bundesliga side were widely thought to be keen to keep hold of Keita beyond the summer, but Solhekol is now reporting that senior figures at the club are prepared to sell the 22-year-old to Liverpool.
And, according to the reporter, that means that Liverpool are set to return to Leipzig with a fresh bid of more than £60m in the coming days.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Monday morning, Solhekol said: “We’re expecting some progress on Naby Keita to Liverpool.
“Liverpool flew to Hong Kong on Sunday but no let up in their efforts to try and sign Keita. We’re expecting them to make a second bid for the RB Leipzig midfielder.
“Keita has told Leipzig he wants to leave and he’s told them he wants to move to Liverpool.
“A £57m offer has been rejected but senior figure at Leipzig now want to sell Keita.
“A Liverpool bid of more than £60m should be on its way this week.”
Liverpool have made two signings so far this summer – striker Dominic Solanke and winger Mohamed Salah.
The Reds will be keen to further bolster their squad this summer as they prepare for a return to the Champions League next season.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news