Jose Mourinho lifts lid on Man United’s remaining transfer plans
Jose Mourinho says he is still hoping that Manchester United can sign another two players this summer
Jose Mourinho is still hoping Manchester United can sign another two players before the summer transfer window is over.
The Red Devils have inevitably been linked with a whole host of Europe’s top stars this summer but have so far only concluded deals for defender Victor Lindelof and striker Romelu Lukaku.
Mourinho has always been adamant that he wanted to sign a total of four new players this summer as he prepares his team for a return to the Champions League in his second season in charge at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have been linked with moves for the likes of Ivan Perisic and Fabinho, but they are yet to confirm any new deals.
Mourinho has admitted that the transfer window is proving a difficult one for the Red Devils – but the Portuguese coach says he is still hopeful that Manchester United can land at least two more players this summer.
Speaking at a news conference in Santa Clara on Saturday night, Mourinho said: “I was getting feedback from Ed Woodward. I was analysing from distance.
“I feel the same – the market is very difficult. If a club has no chance to give me the four players, so be it.
“I like my group and I like my players. I go with them. I still have the hope I can have a third player – who knows the fourth?”
Manchester United finished sixth in the Premier League last season but won the EFL Cup and Europa League in the Portuguese coach’s first season in campaign at the club.