Insider claims Man United aren’t interested in signing top 28-year-old
Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth rules out Manchester United signing Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale this summer
Manchester United won’t pursue Real Madrid attacker Gareth Bale in the summer transfer window, Dharmesh Sheth has claimed.
The Red Devils have emerged as candidates to sign the Wales international in recent weeks amid growing uncertainty surrounding his future at The Bernabeu.
Real Madrid have been heavily linked with a move to sign AS Monaco teenager Kylian Mbappe in the summer transfer window to prompt uncertainty about Bale’s role at los Blancos.
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho stated last weekend that the Red Devils wouldn’t sign Bale in the current transfer window but the manager’s words didn’t serve to extinguish the speculation.
Indeed, the transfer reports intensified this week as Real Madrid were thought to be on the brink of signing Mbappe in a world-record deal.
However, Sky Sports News reporter Sheth has ruled out Manchester United looking to sign Bale this summer unless Real Madrid make it known the Welsh star is available.
“One man who won’t be moving to Old Trafford is Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale,” Sheth told Sky Sports News on Friday morning.
“We are told they are not actively pursuing the Welshman but that may change if Real Madrid decide to sell.
“Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane hasn’t guaranteed that his attacking trio of Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo would remain at the club.”
Manchester United have signed Sweden international Victor Lindelof and Everton striker Romelu Lukaku in the summer transfer window so far.
The Red Devils finished in sixth place in the Premier League table last season but won the EFL Cup and the Europa League.