Man United told to forget about signing both Romelu Lukaku and 24-year-old attacker
La Liga expert Sid Lowe has told Manchester United to forget about signing both Romelu Lukaku and Alvaro Morata this summer
Manchester United are unlikely to sign both Romelu Lukaku and Alvaro Morata this summer, according to Sid Lowe.
Jose Mourinho were rumoured to have prioritised signing Morata this summer as the Spain international looks to leave the Champions League holders after a frustrating season.
The Red Devils caught out most of the British media last week when Manchester United appeared to end their interest in Morata and pursue Everton’s Lukaku.
Indeed, the Europa League winners have agreed a £75m deal with the Toffees to sign the 24-year-old centre-forward in the summer transfer window.
Manchester United have already released their top goal-scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic last month, while all-time leading goal-scorer Wayne Rooney completed a return to Everton on Sunday.
However, La Liga expert Lowe believes it is unlikely that Manchester United would sign both Lukaku and Morata in the summer transfer window.
“There is a little bit of me that wonders if Man United could buy both of them. [But] I don’t think it’s very likely,” Lowe told ESPN FC.
Manchester United finished in sixth place in the Premier League table last season but won three trophies.
The Red Devils were 2-0 winners against Dutch giants Ajax in the Europa League final to seal a return to the Champions League next term.