Club replies to Chelsea, Man United about interest in two key attackers
Inter Milan's sporting director tells Chelsea and Man United to forget about signing two of their key players in the summer transfer window
Inter Milan have told Chelsea and Manchester United to forget about luring any of their key stars away from San Siro this summer.
The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move to sign Croatia international Ivan Perisic from the Italian club throughout the transfer window so far.
However, Manchester United have failed to reach a compromise with Inter Milan for the former Wolfsburg winger, while the Red Devils have been distracted by Gareth Bale’s potential availability.
The Serie A giants are thought to be holding out for a transfer fee in the region of £48m, although Inter Milan would settle for a smaller fee if Anthony Martial is included in any potential deal.
Chelsea, meanwhile, have entered the race sign experienced Italy international Antonio Candreva from the 2010 Champions League winners in the summer transfer window.
The 30-year-old worked with Chelsea boss Antonio Conte during his spell in charge of the Italian national team before quitting after the European championship last year.
But Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has rubbished talk of Chelsea signing Candreva or Perisic leaving the club to move to Manchester United this summer.
“I don’t understand where some of these stories come from,” Ausilio told Mediaset Premium, as quoted by the Independent, on Thursday night.
“Candreva has never been on the market and we have absolutely no intention of selling him.
“The same goes for Perisic, who is an important player and we are currently discussing a new contract with him.”
Chelsea won the Premier League title in Conte’s first season in charge, while Mourinho led Manchester United to EFL Cup and Europa League glory.