Possible Chelsea blow as 26-year-old Brazilian asks to stay put – report
Alex Sandro has asked to stay at Juventus this summer, according to reports
Chelsea have suffered a new setback in their pursuit of Alex Sandro this summer after the player asked to stay at Juventus, according to reports in the British media.
The Sun is claiming that the full-back has told the Italian club that he wants to stay in Turin despite all of the speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea this summer.
The same report states that the 26-year-old Brazilian has been high up on Antonio Conte’s transfer wish-list this summer but it seems that the Blues’ hopes of signing him are fading.
The story carries quotes from Juventus chief Giuseppe Marotta, who claims that Sandro has told the Italian club that he wants to stay this summer.
The same article says that the Blues have just had a £63m bid for Sandro rejected by Juventus.
Conte is thought to be keen on strengthening his options at full-back as he gears his team up for his second season in charge at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues have already signed Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Alvaro Morata so far this summer.
The west London side are now preparing to take on Tottenham Hotspur in their crunch Premier League clash at Wembley on Sunday.