Chelsea are signing 30-year-old attacker in £22.6m deal, claims journalist
Chelsea are set to wrap up the signing of Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan, says Italian journalist
Chelsea are set to wrap up a deal to sign Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan for £22.6m, according to Italian journalist Enzo Bucchioni.
The Blues are thought to be on the lookout for further reinforcements this summer and the 30-year-old has been touted as a possible target for the west London club.
Now, journalist Bucchioni is claiming that the winger is set to join Chelsea as the club’s fifth summer signing.
Writing for Tutto Mercato Web, Bucchioni said: “At the same time, the Nerazzurri [Inter] are selling Candreva to Chelsea for €25m (£22.6m).
“The British had offered defender [Andreas] Christensens, 21, in part-exchange. Inter disagreed.”
Chelsea have been linked with a host of players this summer but have so far only completed deals for four new signings.
The Blues have brought in Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Alvaro Morata so far this summer.
The west London side are preparing for a return to the Champions League next season after they won the Premier League title in Antonio Conte’s first campaign in charge at the club.
The Blues are also set to take on Arsenal in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday afternoon as they look to win the first trophy on offer to them this season.