Chelsea line up player-plus-cash deal to complete fifth signing – report
Chelsea are ready to offer defender Andreas Christiansen to Inter Milan in the hope of signing Antonio Candreva, according to reports
Chelsea are ready to line up a player-plus-cash deal to sign Inter Milan star Antonio Candreva, according to reports in Italy.
Italian newspaper Tuttosport, as quoted by the Daily Express, is reporting that the Premier League champions are determined to complete a deal to sign 30-year-old midfielder.
The same article states that Antonio Conte wants Candreva to add more firepower to the Chelsea team with Diego Costa expected to leave Stamford Bridge.
According to the same story, Inter Milan are reluctant to sell the Italy international in the summer transfer window despite Chelsea’s determination to land the 30-year-old.
Chelsea are hoping to tempt the Serie A club into selling Candreva by including Andreas Christiansen in a player-plus-cash deal.
The west London side have already made four additions this summer as Conte looks to improve his squad ahead of a return to the Champions League next season.
Chelsea have signed Manchester City reserve goalkeeper Willy Caballero, AS Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, AS Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko and Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata.
Fact file: Antonio Candreva
– Antonio Candreva has played for eight Italian clubs during a 11-year professional career so far, including Juventus, Lazio and Inter Milan.
– The 30-year-old scored 45 times in 192 appearances during a five-season stint at Lazio before moving to Inter in a €22m in 2016.
– Candreva was unable to help Inter avoid a disappointing seventh-place finish in the Serie A table in the 2016-17 season.
– The experienced midfielder has scored six goals in 47 appearances for the Italian national team.
– Candreva is perhaps best remembered by England fans for his outstanding performance in a 2-1 victory over the Three Lions at the 2014 World Cup.