Insider reveals Chelsea very keen to sign 30-year-old Italy international
Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol reveals Chelsea still want to sign Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan this summer
Chelsea are still interested in signing Antonio Candreva, although the midfielder looks increasingly likely to remain at Inter Milan, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The Premier League champions are interested in signing the 30-year-old to improve their squad depth ahead of a return to the Champions League next month.
The west London side have already added four new faces to their team in the summer transfer window but Conte is still working hard on adding more options before next week’s deadline day.
Candreva played under the Chelsea boss during Conte’s two-year spell in charge of the Italian national team.
The experienced midfielder scored six goals and made 10 assists in 38 games in Serie A last term after he moved to Inter Milan from Lazio last summer.
Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol confirmed that Chelsea want to sign the Italy international but the insider believes Candreva is looking more likely to remain at the Serie A club.
“It’s not just English players Chelsea are trying to sign,” Solhekol told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.
“They’re still very keen on Antonio Candreva. His agent says Chelsea have tried to sign the Inter Milan winger.
“He does also say, though, that it’s looking more likely that Candreva is going to stay at Inter.”
Chelsea have signed Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero, AS Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko and Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata so far this summer.
The Blues were 2-1 winners against Tottenham Hotspur last weekend after a shock 3-2 loss to Burnley in their season opener.