Chelsea, Tottenham want exciting 23-year-old attacker in £25m deal, claims insider
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur want to sign Everton midfielder Ross Barkley in a £25m deal, according to Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Everton playmaker Ross Barkley in a £25m deal, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The Everton midfielder’s future has been a source of debate throughout the summer transfer window but a deal has failed to materialise so far.
Toffees boss Ronald Koeman confirmed back in July that Barkley looked set to leave the Merseyside club after he turned down a contract extension.
Tottenham Hotspur were thought to be favourites to sign the England international but Barkley’s wage demands are reportedly proving a stumbling block.
Premier League champions Chelsea have also been linked with a move to sign the 23-year-old as Antonio Conte looks to add more depth to his Blues side.
The Italian coach is thought to be desperate to add numbers to the Chelsea squad as the defending champions look to compete in four competitions this term.
Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol revealed that Everton are holding out for a transfer fee in the region of £50m for the attacking midfielder.
“What is going to happen to Ross Barkley? His future really is up in the air,” Solhekol told Sky Sports News on Friday morning.
“He has 11 months left on his contract and he’s refusing to sign a new deal. Chelsea and Spurs are interested and think they can get him for about £25m.
“Everton think he’s worth double that – £50m. Barkley is back training and Everton manager Ronald Koeman says it’s possible that he could still be an Everton player this season.”
Barkley scored five goals and made eight assists in 36 games in the Premier League last season to secure seventh place in the table.
Chelsea have signed four players in the summer transfer window so far after winning the title with two games to spare.