Liverpool FC drop interest in signing 19-year-old attacker – reporter
Liverpool FC are no longer interested in signing Renato Sanches from Bayern Munich, says Kaveh Solhekol
Liverpool have ended their interest in signing Renato Sanches on loan from Bayern Munich this summer, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The Sky Sports News reporter has taken to Twitter to claim that the Reds are no longer pursuing a deal for the 19-year-old Portugal international after initially making “several” enquiries about his availability this summer.
Sanches’ future has been a source of speculation this summer amid reports that Bayern could be ready to ship him out on loan for this season.
However, it would seem that the player will definitely not be heading to Anfield before Thursday’s deadline, if Solhekol is to be believed.
Solhekol wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night: “We’re told Liverpool have dropped their interest in Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches. Made several enquiries about his availability.”
On Wednesday evening, it emerged Swansea City have reportedly agreed a season-long loan deal to sign the Bayern Munich.
Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of players as Jurgen Klopp looks to further strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes at 23:00 BST on Thursday.
The Reds have signed Andy Robertson, Dominic Solanke and Mohamed Salah so far this summer. Liverpool have also concluded a deal to bring Naby Keita to Anfield from RB Leipzig, with the midfielder set to join the Reds next summer.
Liverpool thrashed Arsenal 4-0 at Anfield in the Premier League on Sunday to continue their strong start to the new season.