The Reds have been heavily linked with a move to sign the Netherlands international throughout the summer so far but a deal has failed to materialise.
Liverpool were forced to apologise to Southampton in an embarrassing statement back in June and the Reds officially ended their interest in the 26-year-old.
The Dutch centre-half has since handed in a transfer request at St Mary’s and the club captain has been training away from the rest of the Southampton squad.
Liverpool are still thought to be interested in the former Celtic star but the Reds have to negotiate a difficult path to secure a deal given Southampton threatened to report them for alleged tapping up.
Former Everton captain Osman believes Van Dijk will eventually secure his summer move to Liverpool despite Southampton’s reluctance to sell their prized asset.
“The buying club and the club that the player wants to go to, more often than not, get their man,” Osman told Sky Sports News on Monday morning.
“Virgil van Dijk has come out and said where he wants to play his football next season. Liverpool obviously want the player.
“It’s very similar to how Barcelona are courting for Philippe Coutinho.
“I actually feel the move will go through. I think Southampton will inevitably accept the offer that Liverpool are offering and they will get their man.”
Liverpool were 1-0 winners against Crystal Palace in their first Premier League game at Anfield in the 2017-18 season.
The Reds played out a thrilling 3-3 draw with Watford at Vicarage Road in their season opener at Vicarage Road earlier this month.
The Merseyside outfit will host Hoffenheim in the second leg of their Champions League playoff after a 2-1 win in Germany last week.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news