Journalist delivers latest update on Man United’s link to 28-year-old attacker
Manchester United have been told by Real Madrid that Gareth Bale is not for sale, according to Kaveh Solhekol
Manchester United have given up hope of signing Gareth Bale from Real Madrid this summer, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move to bring the Wales international to Old Trafford in recent weeks amid suggestions that the Spanish club could be set to sell the 28-year-old to fund a move for Monaco star Kylian Mbappe.
However, Bale started for Real Madrid in their 2-1 Uefa Super Cup victory over Manchester United in Macedonia on Tuesday night in the clearest indication yet that he is part of the La Liga side’s plans for next season.
Now, Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol has poured yet more cold water on claims that Manchester United could bring Bale back to England this summer.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Wednesday morning, Solhekol said: “Jose Mourinho was saying that Gareth Bale was ‘mission impossible’ and it looks like he was 100 per cent right.
“The Real Madrid forward started in the Super Cup game against Manchester United on Tuesday night.
“The message from Real Madrid is loud and clear on this one – Bale is not for sale.
“Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said this week that he had never even thought about selling Bale.”
Manchester United have signed three players so far this summer as they prepare for Jose Mourinho’s second season in charge at the club.
The Red Devils have brought in Victor Lindelof, Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic so far as they gear up for their Premier League opener against West Ham United at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.