Antonio Conte sends warning to Michy Batshuayi ahead of Bournemouth v Chelsea
Antonio Conte delivers his honest verdict on Michy Batshuayi after Chelsea's 2-1 win over Everton
Antonio Conte has told Michy Batshuayi that he has plenty of room for improvement if he wants to hold down a regular spot in the first team at Chelsea.
The Belgian striker has been in improved form in recent weeks after having come off the bench to fire Chelsea to a 4-2 victory over Watford last weekend.
Batshuayi also scored the crucial winner for the Blues when he came on as a substitute to net in the 2-1 victory over Atletico Madrid in the Champions League earlier this season.
The 24-year-old striker has struggled to hold down a regular spot in the first team at Stamford Bridge since his move to the club from Marseille last summer.
Indeed, Batshuayi has only started two Premier League games so far this season but he’ll be hoping to hold down more of a regular spot in the coming weeks.
The striker started Chelsea’s 2-1 League Cup win over Everton on Wednesday night and Conte had a message for the forward after the game.
Conte told his post-match news conference: “Michy is improving a lot.
“He has a lot of room for improvement. Last season was difficult for him and me.
“Now I think he’s ready to start and come on during the games. It’s important I can count on him.”
Chelsea return to Premier League action on Saturday evening when they take on Bournemouth in the top flight.