Antonio Conte sends clear Chelsea warning to N’Golo Kante
Antonio Conte says N'Golo Kante still has work to do to become a "top player" at Chelsea
Antonio Conte has told N’Golo Kante that he still has work to do to become a “top player” with Chelsea.
The midfielder has earned plenty of praise for his strong performances for Chelsea since his arrival at Stamford Bridge from Leicester City back in the summer of 2016.
Kante was voted as the PFA player of the year as he helped the Blues win the Premier League title last season in what was Conte’s first campaign in charge at the club.
The France international is widely regarded as one of the world’s top holding midfielders and has been in fine form for Chelsea since his move.
Kante is currently recovering from a muscular injury suffered while on international duty with France and Conte is hoping to have him back available for the Champions League clash with Roma next week.
However, the Chelsea boss reckons that the midfielder still has plenty of work to do to reach the top level with the Blues.
Speaking at a news conference before Chelsea’s clash with Bournemouth, Conte said: “There are players with the same characteristics but N’Golo is a really good player.
“He is becoming a top player for his characteristics, but in the world there are many players with the same characteristics.”
Chelsea return to Champions League action on Tuesday night when they travel to the Italian capital to take on Roma.
The two sides drew 3-3 when they met at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.