Chelsea to bid to sign 26-year-old Brazilian in January – report
Chelsea will revive their interest in signing Alex Sandro in January, according to reports
Chelsea are ready to make a fresh move to try and sign Alex Sandro from Juventus in the January transfer window, according to reports in the British media.
The Daily Express is reporting that the Blues are lining up a new bid for the 26-year-old Brazilian defender, who was heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Despite the speculation linking the west London side with a move to sign Sandro, a transfer failed to materialise as Chelsea ended up signing six other players in the off-season.
The same report says David Luiz’s Chelsea future is in doubt, and that Real Madrid could be in the running to land the Brazilian defender next year.
The story says that Chelsea are “expected” to renew their interest in signing Sandro in the January transfer window.
There is bound to be plenty of fresh speculation linking Chelsea with a number of players in the coming weeks as the January transfer window draws ever nearer.
Meanwhile, Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is currently preparing his team for their Premier League clash against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge on Saturday lunchtime.
The Blues booked their place in the last 16 of the Champions League last week with a 4-0 win over Qarabag.