Brazilian rejects Arsenal’s first contract offer – report
Bordeaux winger Malcom has rejected Arsenal's first contract offer, according to reports in the British media
Malcom has rejected a contract offer from Arsenal ahead of a proposed move to The Emirates from Bordeaux, according to reports in the British media.
The Times, as quoted by Metro, is reporting that the Gunners’ plans of signing the 20-year-old Brazilian have been thrown into “disarray” after he turned down the offer of a deal to join the north London side.
The same report says that Arsenal are keen to add two new attacking players to their squad this month following the sale of Theo Walcott to Everton, but that their plans have been dented by Malcom’s decision to turn down a new deal.
The story says that Arsenal had been “confident” of agreeing a £44m fee with Bordeaux for the young Brazilian attacker, but there has not yet been a deal struck between the two clubs.
Malcom has attracted interest from across Europe with his fine form for Bordeaux in recent months.
He signed a new contract with the French club last summer and has already scored seven goals and made five assists in 20 Ligue 1 games so far this season.
Meanwhile, Arsenal are preparing for their home clash against Crystal Palace at The Emirates on Saturday afternoon.