Eden Hazard delivers update about his future at Chelsea FC
Eden Hazard delivers the latest news on his Chelsea FC future amid speculation about his situation
Eden Hazard has insisted that he is happy at Chelsea FC and played down some recent comments from his father.
The Belgian playmaker is widely regarded as one of the Premier League’s top attacking talent and he has earned plenty of praise since his move to Chelsea FC from Lille back in 2012.
Hazard’s father Thierry told Le Soir last month that his son had rejected Chelsea FC’s latest contract offer because the playmaker wanted to see if Real Madrid would bid for him.
However, the 27-year-old has moved to play down the speculation about his future by insisting that he remains completely committed to Chelsea FC.
Hazard is quoted as saying by Metro: “My dad says some bad things.
“I talked with him, no worries. I’m focused with Chelsea FC.
“I’ve got two years contract left and I’m happy here. Like I said 10 times before, I want to finish this year and then we’ll see. But I’m happy here.”
Hazard was named as the man of the match as he scored two goals in Chelsea FC’s 4-0 win over Brighton on Saturday afternoon to help the Blues up into third place in the Premier League table.
Hazard will be expecting to start for Chelsea FC when the Blues take on Arsenal in the second leg of their League Cup semi-final clash at The Emirates on Wednesday night.
The two London sides head into the game on the back of their goalless draw in the first leg at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.