Antonio Conte delivers update for Chelsea FC fans on Willian
Antonio Conte reveals that he is hoping Willian's injury is not too serious after the Brazilian picked up a hamstring strain at Arsenal
Antonio Conte has revealed that he is hoping that Willian’s injury is not too serious after the Brazilian was forced off in the first half of Chelsea FC’s League Cup semi-final loss to Arsenal on Wednesday night.
The Brazilian attacker, who has been in good form for the west London side in recent weeks, had to be substituted in the 30th minute at The Emirates after suffering a hamstring problem.
Willian was replaced by January signing Ross Barkley as the midfielder made his debut for the Blues following his move from Everton earlier in the month.
Speaking after the game, Conte revealed that Chelsea FC will need to assess the seriousness of Willian’s injury problem, but the initial verdict was that it was not too serious.
Speaking at his post-match news conference at The Emirates, Conte said: “I just spoke to the player.
“He said he felt a problem in his hamstring but he doesn’t think it will be serious injury. I hope this feeling is right.”
Chelsea FC now switch their attentions back towards FA Cup affairs and their home fourth-round clash against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon.
The Blues are aiming to reach the fifth round as they look to bounce back from the disappointment of their loss to Arsenal on Wednesday night.
Chelsea FC are currently in third place in the Premier League table as they chase Champions League qualification for next season.