Liverpool FC will not to sign 22-year-old attacker despite Coutinho exit – report
Liverpool FC will not sign Monaco winger Thomas Lemar in the January transfer window, according to reports
Liverpool FC will not make a move to try and sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco this month despite Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona, according to reports in the British media.
Sky Sports is reporting that the Reds have decided against making a bid to try and land the 22-year-old France international, who was also linked with Arsenal in the summer months.
Liverpool FC are likely to want to add to their attacking options in the January transfer window after Coutinho’s move to Barcelona was finally confirmed on Saturday night.
The same story says, however, that Arsenal retain a “strong” interest in Lemar, with the Gunners having been heavily linked with a move to sign him last summer.
The same article also claims that Liverpool FC will not try to make a move to sign Sporting Lisbon winger Gelson Martins, who had been touted as another possible attacking target for the Reds.
It also says that Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez is not a target for the Merseyside outfit this summer, despite reports that the Reds want to sign the Algerian from their Premier League rivals this month.
Liverpool FC are currently preparing for their Premier League clash with Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday.