Conte sends message to Chelsea FC fans about Morata ahead of FC Barcelona clash
Antonio Conte says Alvaro Morata should be fit for Chelsea FC's clash with FC Barcelona next week
Antonio Conte has confirmed that Alvaro Morata should be fit to start for Chelsea FC in their crunch Champions League showdown with FC Barcelona next week.
The Spanish striker has been struggling with a niggling back injury in recent weeks but made his return to action last week when he came off the bench in the 3-0 victory over West Brom in the Premier League.
The 25-year-old will be hoping to quickly find his best form for the Blues as he bids to try and help Conte’s side enjoy a successful end to the season after a difficult spell in recent weeks.
Chelsea FC host FC Barcelona in the first leg of their crunch Champions League showdown at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
And Blues boss Conte has appeared to confirm that Morata will be completely fit to start that game for the west London side.
Speaking at a news conference before the FA Cup clash against Hull City, Conte said: “Now he is training with us every day and his physical condition is improving.
“He will be ready for the game against Barcelona.”
Morata has been settling in well to life at Chelsea FC following his transfer from Real Madrid back in July.
The striker has scored 10 goals and made five assists in 21 Premier League appearances for the west London side so far this season.