Sky Sport Italia, as quoted by the Daily Mirror, is reporting that the Red Devils have already opened negotiations with Monaco about the prospect of signing the 24-year-old midfielder this summer.
The same report says that the Red Devils were linked with a move for Fabinho last month and that manager Jose Mourinho remains keen on a deal to try and bring him to Old Trafford in the summer.
The story says that Manchester United representatives have already contacted Monaco in a bid to get the deal pushed through.
However, it is also claimed that the Red Devils are likely to face competition from Paris Saint-Germain for the signature of the Brazilian midfielder.
Meanwhile, Manchester United are currently preparing for their Premier League clash against Newcastle United at St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon.
The Red Devils are currently in second place in the Premier League table as they chase Champions League qualification on Mourinho’s second full season in charge at Old Trafford.
Manchester United were 2-0 winners over Huddersfield Town at Old Trafford last weekend.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news