Arsenal 1 Atletico Madrid 1: Player ratings as Griezmann nets away goal
Arsenal player ratings after 10-man Atletico Madrid came from a goal down to earn a 1-1 draw in the Europa League clash at The Emirates
Antoine Griezmann netted a crucial away goal for 10-man Atletico Madrid as the Spanish giants game from a goal town to earn a 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Europa League semi-final clash on Thursday night.
Alexandre Lacazette headed Arsenal into the lead in the 62nd minute after a goalless first half in which Sime Vrsaljko was sent off for two bookable offences.
Atletico were pinned back for most of the game but Griezmann netted a crucial equaliser in the 82nd minute. Here are the Arsenal player ratings from The Emirates…
• David Ospina Wasn’t called upon often after Atletico were reduced to 10 men. Good save to deny Antoine Griezmann in the 37th minute, but was caught out for The Frenchman’s goal in the 82nd minute. 5/10
• Hector Bellerin Was an attacking threat all night down the right-hand side. Put in a number of decent crosses which were not converted by the Arsenal attack in the first half. 6
• Shkodran Mustafi A relatively quiet night for the Germany international. Should have done better to deny Greizmann’s equaliser after David Ospina had been beaten but fell over at the crucial moment. 5
• Laurent Koscielny Had a good chance to break the deadlock in the first half but shanked his shot wide. His error led to Greizmann breaking through and firing home the equaliser for the visitors. 5
• Nacho Monreal Strong performance from the Spaniard. Was involved in lots of Arsenal attacks in the first half. 6
• Aaron Ramsey The engine in midfield. Arsenal fans will be hoping to see him commit to a new contract soon. Had a good chance to net a winner late on. 6
• Granit Xhaka A solid display from the Switzerland international. Sprayed a number of nice long-range passes around the field and was good at breaking up the play. Not great in the final third, though. 6
• Jack Wilshere Back in the starting line-up, Wilshere was in decent form. Provided a good cross for Alexandre Lacazette’s opener. As things stand, he’ll be leaving the club at the end of the season. 6
• Danny Welbeck Had a number of chances to break the deadlock in the first half. Decent play but the finishes were missing. 5
• Mesut Ozil Ineffective in the first half and was left sulking at a number of the referee’s decisions. A disappointing display. 4
• Alexandre Lacazette Was a threat throughout and headed in Arsenal’s opener from Jack Wilshere’s cross in the 62nd minute. 7