The Sun is reporting that Jorginho has indicated that he favours a move to The Etihad Stadium over Old Trafford, dealing a blow to the Red Devils’ transfer plans this summer.
The same report says that both Manchester clubs have been keeping a close eye on the 26-year-old Italy international as they seek midfield reinforcements.
However, it is also claimed that the player himself is favouring a move to Manchester City to join the newly-crowned Premier League champions.
Brazil-born Jorginho has been in fine form for Napoli so far this season, scoring two goals and making four assists in 28 Serie A games for the Italian side.
Meanwhile, the same report says that Manchester United are on the lookout for at least two new midfielders this summer as Jose Mourinho looks to fill the gaps set to be left by Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini.
Manchester United booked their place in the FA Cup final on Saturday thanks to a 2-1 comeback win over Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news