Man United identify Brazilian as their top summer transfer target – report
Man United are looking to sign Alex Sandro from Juventus this summer, say reports
Alex Sandro is Manchester United’s top choice to replace Luke Shaw this summer, according to reports in the British media.
The Manchester Evening News, as quoted by the Daily Star, is reporting that the Red Devils are aiming to make a move to sign the left-back from Juventus this summer.
Shaw’s future at Old Trafford has been put into doubt by his failure to hold down a regular spot in the first team at Old Trafford since Jose Mourinho’s appointment in the summer of 2016.
The same report says that Manchester United remain keen on signing the 27-year-old Brazilian, despite having been linked with a move for Ryan Bertrand in recent days.
The story says that Manchester United are still aiming to try and push through a move to sign Sandro this summer, after he was heavily linked with a switch to Chelsea FC last year.
Sandro has been a regular fixture in the Juventus team this season and has scored three goals and made four assists in 21 Serie A games so far this term.
Meanwhile, Manchester United are currently preparing to take on West Bromwich Albion in their next Premier League game at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal FC latest news
MORE: Chelsea FC latest news
MORE: Liverpool FC latest news