Liverpool FC could reignite efforts to sign quality 24-year-old – report
Liverpool FC could still try and reignite a deal to sign Nabil Fekir this summer, say reports
Liverpool FC could be set to resurrect a deal to try and sign Nabil Fekir from Lyon this summer despite the transfer having fallen through over the weekend, according to reports in the British media.
The Daily Mirror is reporting that the Reds could try and step up their efforts to land the 24-year-old once again after the World Cup.
Fekir had been strongly linked with a move to Anfield this summer and it was thought that the transfer was on the verge of being completed on Friday.
However, the move fell through and Lyon released a public statement claiming that Fekir would be staying at the French club beyond the summer transfer window.
Now though, the same report says that Liverpool FC could well return to try and renegotiate a deal for the France attacker after the World Cup.
The same report says that the Reds are likely to scale back their transfer business during the World Cup, before starting to ramp up their efforts to bolster their squad after the conclusion of the tournament in Russia.
Liverpool FC confirmed their first signing of the summer transfer window earlier this month when they wrapped up a deal to bring Brazilian midfielder Fabinho to Anfield from Monaco.