Duncan Castles gives latest Man United transfer update on David De Gea
Manchester United haven't made a new contract offer to David De Gea, according to Duncan Castles
Manchester United haven’t made David De Gea a concrete contract offer contrary to reports in England, Duncan Castles has claimed.
Some reports in the British media suggested that the Spain international had been offered a lucrative five-year contract earlier this month.
De Gea has been the subject of interest from La Liga giants Real Madrid this summer after coming close to a move to los Blancos in 2015.
The 27-year-old has 12 months left to run on his current Manchester United deal to alert Real Madrid to the possibility of signing the shot stopper.
However, Manchester United do have the option to extend his contract by an additional 12 months at the end of the 2018-19 season.
Sunday Times reporter Castles claimed that Manchester United still haven’t made De Gea a formal contract offer.
“Every time I ask people close to De Gea I am told there is no deal or agreement,” Castles told the Transfer Window podcast.
“In fact there hasn’t been a concrete offer from the club.”
De Gea moved to Manchester United in a £17m deal from La Liga giants Atletico Madrid in the 2011 summer transfer window.
The Spain international has won the Premier League title, the Europa League, the FA Cup and the League Cup.