Reporter hints attacker’s move from Chelsea FC to FC Barcelona is on
Willian could be move to FC Barcelona from Chelsea FC this summer, says Duncan Castles
FC Barcelona could be set to make a move to sign Willian from Chelsea FC this summer, according to reporter Duncan Castles.
The 29-year-old Brazil international’s future has been a constant source of speculation this summer after his lack of playing time for Chelsea FC last term.
Willian struggled to hold down a regular starting spot in the first team under Antonio Conte last season as Chelsea FC finished in fifth place in the Premier League table and won the FA Cup.
Manchester United have long been linked with a move for the Brazilian as Jose Mourinho seeks a reunion with the talented attacker.
However, FC Barcelona have also been strongly linked with a summer swoop to land the Brazil international this summer as they look to try and bolster their squad ahead of next season.
Now, Sunday Times reporter Castles has suggested that a move for Willian to head to FC Barcelona could well be on the cards.
Speaking on the Transfer Window podcast, Castles said: One of Willian’s agents is Kia [Joorabchian].
“He is one of the most trusted agents with Chelsea. He was in Barcelona last week.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea FC are yet to make any official new signings this summer despite their largely disappointing campaign last season.
The west London side will be aiming to at least challenge for the Premier League next term.