Journalist delivers update on remaining Liverpool FC signings
Liverpool FC will only sign players if they become available at the right price, says Duncan Castles
Liverpool FC will only make more signings this summer if the right players become available at the right price, according to journalist Duncan Castles.
The Reds have been relatively busy in the summer transfer window so far as they look to build a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title next season.
Liverpool FC ended up in fourth place in the Premier League table last season as they also ended up losing the Champions League final to Real Madrid.
The Merseyside outfit have signed four players so far this summer, bringing in Naby Keita, Fabinho, Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson Becker.
With the transfer window set to close on 9 August, the Reds are still being linked with a number of other players as they look to try and challenge for the title next term.
And Sunday Times journalist Castles claims that the Reds will only make further signings this summer if the right targets become available.
Speaking on the Transfer Window podcast, Castles said: “I would be surprised if they moved for compromise signings.
“They will keep their finances until they find the player they want at the right price.”
Liverpool FC will be looking to challenge for the title next season as they look to try and win their first major trophy under Jurgen Klopp.
The Reds appointed Klopp as their new boss back in October 2015.