Reporter gives update on further Liverpool FC signings this summer
Jurgen Klopp has the funds at his disposal to further bolster his Liverpool FC squad this summer, says James Pearce
Jurgen Klopp has the funds at his disposal to further strengthen his Liverpool FC squad this summer, according to reporter James Pearce.
The Reds have been fairly busy in the transfer window so far after having brought in Naby Keita, Fabinho, Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson Becker this summer.
Klopp is looking to assemble a team capable of being one of the main challengers for the Premier League title next season.
The Reds finished in fourth place in the Premier League table last term and without a trophy after they reached the Champions League final and lost to Real Madrid.
Liverpool FC were strongly linked with a move to bring Nabil Fekir to Anfield from Lyon back in June but the proposed transfer fell through.
Now, Liverpool Echo reporter Pearce says that the Reds could still further bolster their squad before Thursday’s transfer deadline, but Klopp appears happy to proceed with the players currently at his disposal.
Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Pearce said: “Klopp has shown throughout his time at Liverpool that if he can’t get exactly what he wants he’s prepared to wait rather than just chase an inferior alternative for the sake of it.
“Clearly, he wanted Fekir but that deal collapsed due to concerns over an old knee injury. The money is there for Klopp to further strengthen if he wishes but barring a late change of heart he seems happy to push on with what he’s got.”
Liverpool FC are still aiming to win their first major trophy since Klopp’s appointment at Anfield back in October 2015.
The Reds were in impressive form as they reached the Champions League final last term but they ended up losing to Real Madrid 3-1 back in May.