Eden Hazard delivers clear update on his Chelsea FC future
Eden Hazard sends a message to Chelsea FC fans about his long-term future
Eden Hazard has told Chelsea FC fans that he could leave the club next summer – but also suggested that he could stay at Stamford Bridge for his whole career.
The Belgian playmaker is widely regarded as one of European football’s top attacking talents and he has made a strong start to the new campaign under Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea FC.
The 27-year-old has scored seven goals and made four assist in the Premier League so far this season but he was unable to prevent the Blues from slipping to a 3-1 defeat by Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday.
Hazard has long been linked with a move away from Chelsea FC and that speculation is only likely to heighten as he heads towards the end of his current contract at Stamford Bridge.
The playmaker’s current deal is set to expire at the end of next season and that could mean that Chelsea FC may rather cash in on Hazard next summer rather than risk losing him for nothing the year after.
Hazard has now ruled out a January exit from Chelsea FC – but he admits that a move away from the club could happen in the summer.
That said, the attacker also says that he could end up staying at Chelsea FC for the rest of his career.
Speaking in an interview with Canal+, as quoted by Goal, Hazard said: “For now, like I said, I’m staying at Chelsea.
“I have one year left on my contract after this year. Moving this winter is impossible. I can’t leave in January because of the club and the supporters.
“It will be possible in the summer, but It’s also possible that I stay my whole career at Chelsea.”
Asked about a potential move to Paris Saint-Germain, Hazard added: “There have been contacts in the past with PSG. But I haven’t been tempted. If I have to go back to France one day, it would be in Lille.
“But today, there is no chance that I’ll come back in the French league.”
Chelsea FC are currently fourth in the Premier League and seven points off top spot.