Maurizio Sarri sends message to Chelsea FC fans about Eden Hazard contract
Maurizio Sarri delivers the latest update on Eden Hazard's situation at Chelsea FC
Maurizio Sarri has said that he is hopeful that Eden Hazard will commit to a new contract at Chelsea FC.
The Blues were boosted last week by the news that midfielder N’Golo Kante had signed a new five-year deal to keep him at the Stamford Bridge club until 2023.
Kante’s future had been something of a source of speculation in recent weeks but the France international has now ended talk of a move away by committing to a new deal.
Meanwhile, Hazard’s situation at Chelsea FC continues to be a source of uncertainty.
The 27-year-old’s current contract is due to expire in the summer of 2020 and he is yet to commit himself to a new deal.
There has been constant speculation suggesting that Hazard could be a target for Real Madrid, although he has remained committed to Chelsea FC for now.
Now, Sarri has admitted that he is hoping that Hazard will follow in Kante’s footsteps and commit himself to the west London side.
Speaking at a news conference at Cobham on Friday, Sarri said: “I don’t know about a new contract (for Eden Hazard).
“I don’t know about the evolution of a new contract, I think we can do it. I hope so.”
On Kante’s new deal, Sarri continued: “N’Golo, for us, is not just an important player. He’s a ‘determining’ player for us. So I’m really happy with the new contract. Clearly very pleased for him. And it’s a very important news.”
Hazard had scored seven goals and made four assists in 11 Premier League games for Chelsea FC heading into this weekend’s round of games.