Jurgen Klopp opens up about Naby Keita at Liverpool FC
Jurgen Klopp discusses the impact of Fabinho and Naby Keita at Liverpool FC so far this season
Jurgen Klopp has told Liverpool FC fans that there is still plenty more to come from Naby Keita at Anfield.
The Guinea international has been gradually settling into life at Anfield after arriving at the club from RB Leipzig in the summer transfer window.
Keita was one of four summer recruits for Liverpool FC, as the Reds also brought in Alisson, Xherdan Shaqiri and Fabinho.
The 23-year-old midfielder has been easing his way into the first team at Liverpool FC and he has so far only made six Premier League starts for the Reds this season.
He played 65 minutes of Liverpool FC’s 4-0 demolition of Bournemouth in the Premier League on Saturday as the Reds moved to the top of the top-flight table.
And although Keita has only made 12 appearances in total in the Premier League this season, Klopp feels that there is plenty more to come from the midfielder.
Asked if he always expected Keita and Fabinho to have an impact at this stage of the season, Klopp told Liverpool FC’s website: “Yes, but don’t forget all the others.
“I know we signed these two players but Joel [Matip] had a difficult period; he is in good shape, trains and does everything and then at the end does not play or is not even in the squad very often. That’s difficult, like for Alberto [Moreno].
“But it was clear Fabinho and Naby needed time to adapt. Naby is still not exactly the player he can be, that’s good. But he is really exciting, it’s nice to see him.
“It was always clear we need all of them. We play [on Tuesday] again, I have no clue in the moment who I can line up. We have to see. We have to recover and do whatever we can to get fresh legs again. Then, let’s go against Napoli.”
Liverpool FC are currently gearing up for their crunch Champions League clash against Napoli on Tuesday night at Anfield.
The Reds are aiming to claim the victory and secure their place in the last 16 of the Champions League.