Pundit tells Chelsea FC to sell Eden Hazard this summer
Stan Collymore says it is time for Chelsea FC to cash in on Eden Hazard this summer
Stan Collymore has urged Chelsea FC to cash in on Eden Hazard this summer.
The Belgian playmaker’s situation at the club has been a constant source of speculation in recent months as his current contract is set to expire at the end of next season.
The 28-year-old has been regularly touted as a possible target for Real Madrid and it remains to be seen whether the Spanish giants will consider a move to sign him this summer or not.
Hazard is widely regarded as one of European football’s top attacking talents and he has been in good form for Chelsea FC so far this season.
He has scored 12 goals and made 10 assists in 24 Premier League games for the Blues so far this term to help them up into fourth place in the table.
However, Collymore seems to think that it is now time for Chelsea FC to cash in on the Belgium international.
Writing in his column for the Daily Mirror, Collymore said: “Eden Hazard needs to leave Stamford Bridge – to rid Chelsea of its toxic dressing room. Nothing against the Belgian, who I rate one of the best in the world, but it’s time for the club to cash in.
“Losing a player like Hazard would leave a massive hole. But £150m is good business for a 28-year-old. He’s a wonderful talent but I’ve got a nagging feeling he’s part of the problems at the club.
“Jose Mourinho was lukewarm towards him, Antonio Conte wasn’t overly keen, and now he is part of a crew whose bottle Maurizio Sarri has questioned in the last few weeks.”
Hazard – who signed for the Blues from Lille in 2012 – will be expecting to feature for Chelsea FC when the Blues take on Manchester City away from home on Sunday afternoon in the Premier League.