N’Golo Kante delivers update on his Chelsea FC future
N'Golo Kante says he has no intention of quitting Chelsea FC for Real Madrid this summer
N’Golo Kante has insisted that he is fully focused on Chelsea FC and is not considering a transfer to Real Madrid.
The French star is widely regarded as one of world football’s top holding midfielders and he helped Chelsea FC to win the Premier League title under Antonio Conte in his first season at the club.
He has been a regular fixture in the Chelsea FC team so far this season, although he has been deployed in a slightly more advanced role by Maurizio Sarri at Stamford Bridge.
The 27-year-old is likely to attract interest from a host of Europe’s clubs in the coming years given his reputation as one of the best in his position.
However, the France international has now underlined his commitment to Chelsea FC and says he would turn down a move to Real Madrid even if Zinedine Zidane himself came calling.
Speaking in an interview quoted by the Daily Mirror, Kante said: “Today I’m still at Chelsea and what is said elsewhere is not important.
“Even if Zidane calls me, It’s not important, I’m at Chelsea today and I’m focused on that.”
Chelsea FC will return to Premier League action on Sunday when they travel to Cardiff City.
The Blues currently find themselves in sixth place in the Premier League table after their disappointing 2-0 loss to Everton last time out.