Aaron Wan-Bissaka: What the Man United boss has told me
New Man United signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka lifts the lid on his conversation with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Aaran Wan-Bissaka says Ole Gunnar Solskjear has reassured the new Manchester United signing about his plans for the club.
The England Under-21 international became the second signing of the summer at Old Trafford after Wan-Bissaka finalised his £50m transfer on Saturday afternoon.
Wan-Bissaka will be tasked with competing for a starting spot at right-back with 33-year-old Ashley Young and Portuguese defender Diogo Dalot, 20, next season.
Solskjaer is in the process of rebuilding Manchester United following a disappointing season that saw the Red Devils finish without a trophy in sixth place in the table.
Asked what the Manchester United manager said about the 20-time English champions during his first interview with the club’s website, Wan-Bissaka said:
“Yeah, I have spoken to him and he has told me how he feels about me. Ole has reassured me about his plans, what he is going to do with the team. That is something I want to be a part of.
“It was the gaffer’s decision and his plan to rebuild, and to bring the team back to where it is supposed to be. I wanted to be a part of that plan.”
Wan-Bissaka has established himself as one of the most promising full-backs in the Premier League thanks to his consistent performances throughout the 2018-19 season.
The 21-year-old made three assists in 35 games in the Premier League for Crystal Palace last season as the Eagles managed to consolidate their top-flight status.
Manchester United made Wales international Daniel James their first signing of the summer when the midfielder completed a £15m switch from Championship side Swansea last month.
Solskjaer is facing a tough task in restoring Manchester United to their former glory given the increased competition for the title and the top four.
The Red Devils haven’t won the Premier League title since 2013, in Sir Alex Ferguson’s final campaign in charge.