Coutinho’s future has been something of a source of speculation in the current transfer window following his lack of playing time for FC Barcelona last season.
The 27-year-old was limited to 22 starts in La Liga for FC Barcelona last season and he only managed to score five goals and make two assists in the Spanish top flight.
Reporter Solhekol has now claimed that Manchester United remain on the lookout for a new midfielder before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
And the Sky Sports News journalist has said that Coutinho has been offered to the Red Devils this summer, despite claims earlier in the window that he wouldn’t move to one of Liverpool FC’s rivals.
Speaking on Sky Sports News’ Transfer Talk, as quoted by the Daily Express, Solhekol said: “This is an interesting time for Manchester United.
“We know they are looking at signing a midfielder. They lost Ander Herrera and lost Marouane Fellaini.
“It is an area which Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to strengthen in and they really do have a lot of players they could potentially pick from.
“Players like Bruno Fernandes at Sporting, Donny van de Beek at Ajax and also Philippe Coutinho.
“He [Coutinho] is a player who has also been offered to Manchester United, even though there was noises from his camp a couple of weeks ago saying it would be difficult to play for United because he played for Liverpool.
“I think if the money was right that would be organised and he would play for Manchester United, if they wanted him.”
Manchester United completed their third signing of the summer transfer window on Monday when they tied up a deal for central defender Harry Maguire.
Maguire joins Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James as the new arrivals at Old Trafford under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Red Devils will take on Chelsea FC in their Premier League opener at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news